Mudgee is the perfect weekend escape if you’re looking for somewhere you can relax, recharge and rest. It may not be New South Wales’ most popular wine region, Mudgee isn’t to be underestimated. If you’re planning a weekend away, this rural town is the perfect destination for a getaway. Stay with us at The Parklands Resort and save up to 25% off this Summer!
The Mudgee region has been producing quality wines, particularly reds and chardonnays since 1858, it is only in recent years that is has become associated with gourmet produce. Unlike the Hunter Valley, Mudgee is not really feasible for a day trip. At least one night’s stay is recommended, allowing visitors to take in half a dozen or so cellar doors, enjoy the towns restaurants or cafes and relax. With plenty of things to see and do, we’ve compiled the perfect activities to do during your weekend stay with us at Parklands Resort.
- Take a hike and live out your fairy fantasies in Ferntree Gulley Reserve, which has a number of bushwalking tracks- including some that wind around the rainforest floor, staying cool on event hot days.
- Go cycling and soak up some of that fresh country air. There are a range of routes from short rides around town to longer and more challenging trails for the more experienced, whatever your level, you’ll find something that’s right for you.
- Saturdays in Mudgee are all about the local markets. Pick up some honey, knick-knacks and gifts, and maybe even some snacks while you’re there.
- For the more indulgent travellers, Mudgee Helicopters is the way to go. They off two stop winery tours, including an aerial look-see of Mudgee town and surrounds.
- Visit Mudgee Wineries. One great experience you must do in Mudgee is bike the wineries. They’re close in proximity to each other, the terrain is flat and makes a great experience wine touring!
- Pan for gold in Gulgong, Hill End, Sofala and Windeyer. The discovery of gold bought much prosperity to Mudgee and many of the places have tools for hire. It’s a fun adventure for the whole family and you may just never know your luck!
Where to stay?
Stay with us at The Parklands Resort Mudgee, luxury-style accommodation, located right at the gateway of the Mudgee Region. Book now!